What is the members-only area for?
Our member-only area is a place where young people who are coping with a diagnosis of a heart condition can share experiences, exchange views and support one another.
Who is it for?
This area is for young people who are coping with a diagnosis of a heart condition as long as you’re over 16. It is for the use of UK residents only as it is funded inside the UK.
- Remember that people on this online community may be having the best or worst day of their lives. Don’t attack or abuse others or inflame situations.
- Disagreement is fine but harassment, intimidation or verbal abuse isn’t. Don’t treat people on the members-only area with less respect than you would if you were standing in front of them.
- Don’t misrepresent yourself or pretend to be someone else. It breaks trust and hurts the community.
- Don’t be hateful. Respect the gender, religion, ethnicity and race of others.
- Give others the benefit of the doubt. If you’re offended by a post, consider whether the person who posted it meant to be offensive. People may be tired, stressed out or having a bad day.
Think before you post
- Remember that everyone is entitled to their opinion. Before making a post, consider that people interpret things in different ways and what may be innocent to one person could be offensive or upsetting to another. Similarly, you might disagree with something someone has posted, but that does not mean they’re wrong.
- If you respond to a post you find offensive, read your response before you post it and consider whether it is reasonable or whether it will make things worse. You always have the option of reporting it to the myheart team. Arguments on the activity area upset other users, not just those involved.
- Please do not mention the name of your cardiologist and hospital and don’t dispense medical advice.
- Use CAPITALS sparingly. Using capital letters in posts is considered to be shouting. They can also be difficult to read. Only use bold, italics and underlining to highlight parts of your post.
Don’t advertise or do research
While people on this online community may want to share information about products and services that have worked for them, this place is not intended as a marketplace. We do our best to make sure that you are not bothered by spam. But we ask at the same time that you do not use the activity area to sell products and services.
If you receive personal messages from anyone trying to sell you something or recruit you for a study or media campaign, please contact the myheart coordinator immediately (email@example.com)
Keep it relevant
- We sometimes remove links that have nothing to do with young people who are coping with a diagnosis of a heart condition.
- If in doubt and you think whether something might break the rules, contact the myheart coordintaor at firstname.lastname@example.org for advice.
People are not necessarily who they say they are on an online community. Keep yourself safe by sticking to the following rules:
- Don’t give out your real name or personal contact details in your posts.
- Don’t share your passwords with others.
- Members sometimes might arrange to meet each other. If you decide to do this, do meet in a public place and use caution. Always make sure someone knows where you are.
- The views expressed on the forum are not of CRY/CRY’s medical professionals. Please consult your cardiologist for specific advice as all conditions are different.
Only post content that you have written yourself. If you would like to share the work of another person that may be relevant, be sure to only use a short excerpt of the material and acknowledge the person who wrote it. If you would like to share the entire work, include a link to a place where other members can find it.
We will remove posts that breach copyright immediately. We really don’t have a choice on that.
When you write to us – either by clicking on ‘Report post’ or by emailing email@example.com – we will get back to you as quickly as we can. During weekdays, this will normally be within one day.
Please beware that CRY cannot moderate all posts. Please post/comment responsibly.
How to complain
Members sometimes prefer to complain about (or compliment) the charity using this area. It is valuable to some users to know that others are aware of their complaints. But this isn’t the best way to contact the charity about these issues.
We have a dedicated feedback department that can address your comments, compliments and complaints:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or call 01737 363222 and ask for the myheart coordinator or member of the support team.
Keep talking to us
We would request the members to refrain from making negative comments. The members-only area is one of our resources to make the myheart network more useful. Please let us know if you have any feedback/suggestions by emailing us at email@example.com or by calling at 01737 363222.